This *should* ask the user whether he wants to mark an AppImage as executable when downloaded, and put it in the menu.
Like demonstrated here:
The deb *should* work on recent versions of
- Linux Mint
- Fedora (tested: 13 and 14)
- MeeGo (tested: 1.1 Netbook)
- openSUSE (tested: 12.4)
- FUSE installed and working for the user (modprobe fuse, have libfuse* and fusermount installed)
- GNOME or other environment that honors $HOME/.local/share/applications and $HOME/.thumbnails
- pyinotify installed and working (maybe we should bundle our own - MeeGo seems to lack it)
This is very new and hardly tested, so things marked as "should" might not work properly yet without manual fine tuning. Please make suggestions here how the packages could be improved so that no manual intervention is needed anymore.